Thursday, August 10, 2006

Moo ya'all! Moo.

I'm getting ready for bed last night (carefully checking the sheets for vengeful kitty wet spots) when Harry calls to check in from the Lonestar state.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hiiiiiiii!"  He's happy. "I'm at an 'All-you-can-eat' meat buffet!" Well.  That explains it. 

"Well - you have fun.  Make sure to eat at least a peice of lettuce for ruffage," I caution him.  

"Naw! That'll take up room!  Oh - gotta go - they're putting out MORE MEAT!"  He hung up and rushed off to eat another herd of cattle.

I go about the rest of my routine, changing clothes, brushing teeth, washing off the liquid eye-liner that sticks to my eye lids like an "underage" stamp at a local bar when my phone rings again.

"I ate some lettuce for you," Harry says.  He's proud.  I hate to burst his bubble. Wait - no I don't.  I live for it.

"One peice doesn't count," I remind him.  

"I ate two!"

"Okay."

"And some taters."

"Okay."

I found out that he got back to his room, bloated and happy around 12:30 AM.  I guess time flies when you are up to your eyeballs in cow innards.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on being a guest editor's pick this week; hope you enjoy your girl's night tonight

betty