Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Grammatically speaking, of course...

Late last night, while my ever-traveling hubby and I were snuggled in bed he squeezes my shoulder and says : "Hey - there was a typo on your blog yesterday."

I'm surprised he noticed so I say "Oh really - what was it?"

"You typed an 'r' instead of a 't' and I was going to point it out to you in the comments and post my favorite quote but couldn't figure it out."

"You couldn't figure out how to post a comment?"  I was perplexed.

"No - I couldn't figure out how to spell 'senor' without the little doo-hickey over the 'n'"  he said.

"What quote was it?"  I asked.

"From 'Office Space' - 'Excuse me, Senor, but I ordered a Mai Tai and you brought me a Margarita and...'"  he said and laughed at his memory of Milton.  "I also couldn't spell 'Mai Tai'"

"Oh really? How were you going to spell it?"

"Well," he said, letting one hand rest on my head, "I was just going to spell 'senor' without the doo-hickey - S-E-N-I-O-R,"  I stifled a giggle and let him continue, "but then I had trouble with 'Mai Tai' - M-Y-T-Y, M-I-T-Y..." 

I busted out laughing "OH SENIOR - I'D LIKE A MEEETY!  SENIOR - A MIGHTY, OVER HERE PLEASE!"

Ah - marriage.  'Tis a wonderful thing to have someone to love, to hold, to cherish - and to make fun of on a daily basis. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deck him next time he upsets ya!

Anonymous said...

Bahaha! And I'm sure they say the same thing about us for other things too! HA!  They sure can be cute...guess God wants to balance them out for all the trouble they cause us too.