Monday, May 15, 2006

Hulky Holly

Things around my office are - tense.

If one could actually SEE negativity - then there would be a big, black cloud of infectious smoke forming in the middle of the office arena.

Yet I am out front, happily be-bopping away and thinking about dinner plans with dear hubby (who's NOT out of town for once...).

There was a meeting - one I was not invited to nor wanting to attend.  Supposedly - members of the staff have been "wasting time."

This is the part where I look to the ceiling, whistle an innocent tune and twiddle my thumbs.

But it wasn't me - the surfer of the net, the blogger of the blog, the writer of the book or the emailer of the emails - no - they dubbed the secretaries as being "inefficient" and time wasters."

Oh, dear me.

So now they must track their time. Every minutes is to be accounted for. Every hour must be documented and every task must be accounted for.

"Forgive them, for they know not what they do..."

I'm trying to brighten up the mood by sending them happy, witty emails - but am saddened by the non-response.

They can't respond.

They are forbidden.

This makes Holly angry.

They won't like me when I'm angry.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Update:  I just received a high score of 2060 votes on www.taylorhickspacman.com  - it's too fun and addicting!  It really puts the whole "American Idol" craze into perspective...  Heh heh - and you get to gobble up Ryan Seacrest - which is - disturbing.

No comments: