Friday, February 24, 2006

One Few Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Guy: "Well, when will he be out of the meeting." 62 minutes, five seconds and three point two nanoseconds.

Exasperated Me: "I'm not sure, can I have him call you back?"

Guy: "What? In like twenty minutes or something?" Grrrrr.

Exasperated Me: "I'm not sure, why don't you call back in an hour and a half. Around 4:30?"

Guy: "I'm not in the same time zone, I don't know what time that is." Missed you on the day they handed out brains, didn't they?

Exasperated Me: "Well, add an hour and a half to whatever time it is there, and call back." Stupid people are in all time zones, I guess!

Guy: "Uh, okay." He says doubtfully. As if the concept of time addition was a new and wondrous invention. I'd hate to see this guy when Daylight Savings Time was introduced to him: "So, I turn the clock - back? I don't get it."

Update:  The guy has now called three times and yelled at me.  My office manager called him a "prick" - that made me giggle. 

No comments: