Thursday, November 30, 2006

"It's coming right for us! Shoot it! SHOOT it!"

Why is it that a little thing like changing your wallpaper and screen saver on your computer makes you feel refreshed?

I've been at work for ten minutes now - and I now have the cutest picture of my niece staring at me from the desktop ...and a brand new scrolling screen saver: "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! Please?" Reason being - it's 70 degrees today. It's the last day of November and I'm sweating in my cute brown sweater with satin cuffs!

Could be, too, that my swiftly approaching deadlines for my whopping two classes are encroaching on me like big game hunters. And I, the gimpy gazelle with too much winter weight. In other words - I'm an easy target and I've made myself that way with my excellently polished skills of procrastination.

So - for the next few days my postings will be slim, my brain will be fried and my fingers will be furiously formulating fun words on to blank Microsoft Word pages.

Wish me luck!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. Hopefully, you're one of those people who work better with a deadline. Good luck. B. x

Anonymous said...

Get her out of the submersible before she has dreams of growing up to be a marine biologist!!!  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

You found any Feminist Lesbians to help you trawl through that book yet? Its the only way to get through it. Failing that, go with your neice in the submarine, she can help you escape!

Anonymous said...

She is soooooo cute!

be well,
Dawn