Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sucker Thingys

My kitchen, post-water damage, is now the most delightful shade of green.  The paint is smooth, the lines are crisp and everything is perfection.

So you can understand my horror when I come home from Black Friday shopping to find my cousin staring up at the light fixture in my kitchen - watching the water droplets fall.  "Hey - you got a leak here." 

(Pictured: Harry and my water-lovin' cousin)

 

Harry commenced utter freak out while I started calculating the possibilities of what actually happened to what my cousin is telling me happened.  The guest shower which does have a small, miniscule, crack in it  - is right above the kitchen - but not enough to cause the geyser gush that was occurring down the tiffany glass light.   We went upstairs to inspect - me walking calmly up the stairs and down the hall to the squishy floor of the bathroom and Harry flying up like a four-legged mere cat on acid.  "We can't afford this! Not ANOTHER water damage!" cried my beloved as he clutched at his chest, Sanfred style. 

Translation:  "I just bought an $800 camera and I don't want to take it baaaaaaack!"

I look at the wall and notice the water drops are very close to the edge of the wall and are peppered throughout the ledge of the tub, too.  The floor in front of the bathtub is soaked. 

"Are you sure you got the shower curtain in, man?"  Harry ask him -hands running through his hair at Mach ten like a man with a "thou shalt not kill wife's cousin" tic.

"DUDE! I know how to take a shower!"

Twenty minutes later my cousin admits that the curtain may not have been entirely inside the tub before he took his shower.

"Well - I need to get a better shower curtain, anyway.. that one was, like, a dollar..." I say, trying to make the situation less volatile. 

"Yeah, you really need to buy better shower curtains.  Ones with those sucker things on the bottom," he said with a serious look on his face. 

I tried again:  "Well, the one I bought, I was in a hurry and at Gabe's - it was only a dollar.  I wasn't expecting good qual-"  he cuts me off.

"You needed to buy the one with the suction cups - only get the ones with the suction cups!" 

So - if someone is at your house and they take a shower in your tub -make sure you have a curtain with heavy duty suction cups - otherwise - it WILL be your fault.

Merry F'n Xmas!

:)

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men!  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Meh...  He's only a cousin.  So, it's not like you're losing someone close when you shoot him in the face.  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

You can choose your freinds but NOT your family!...........Kill him.

Anonymous said...

Next time he takes a shower go psycho on him! B. x

Anonymous said...

That much water got out?? That seems really odd. Did he have the liner in the tub? That shouldn't happen even without suction cups. Plenty of people have without. What was he doing in that shower???? I say fowl play

Anonymous said...

That much water got out?? That seems really odd. Did he have the liner in the tub? That shouldn't happen even without suction cups. Plenty of people have without. What was he doing in that shower???? I say fowl play