Monday, November 6, 2006

I SCREAM! YOU SCREAM! WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!

I decided to write a bit about the exploding ice cream cone incident for the "VoiceboxX" -it's a rehash of my journal entry - but could be entertaining - or fair warning - for all of you who may come in contact with milk products today -- Beware....

On a better note - Harry and I made homemade ice cream in our handy dandy ice cream maker on Sunday morning.  I love breakfast!  AND it didn't explode on me!   Harry, however, was not so lucky:

 Um - Harry?  You've got a bit on your - um - well - never mind! Enjoy!

Harry helps me "clean" the bowl...

Previous to the above ice cream making event I had a bad dream- a very large bug had flown down from the ceiling and had attached itself to Harry's pillow.  I screamed and started beating at his head, trying to keep this massive winged bug away from my hubby's head. 

"Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug!"  I screamed like a banshee in heat.  "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!"  I turned on the bedside lamp and looked at Harry who was sitting up, clad in boxers and a white Polo tee.  He had an odd look on his face, one that was a mixture of astonishment, concern and sleepiness. 

"There was a -uh- bug?"  I half-asked, half-explained.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had been completely asleep  up until the moment I flipped on the light and found myself nose-to-nose with a pissed off Himalayan and a scared out of his mind husband.

"There's no bug," he said and tried to lay back down.

"Yes! There was a bug!  A BIG BUG and it was on your pillow!"  I yanked the pillow out from under his head and searched it thoroughly. 

Harry banged his head on the mattress in defeat while I continued to search his pillow for bugs. 

See why I have to give in and make homemade ice cream and wash his man panties and watch the occassional game of football?  Cause I'm completely NUTS!  And he loves me anyway.  So there. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly, the things I thought that were on Harrys beard until I new it was icecream. Phew, you had me worried there girl!!!!!
;-)

Anonymous said...

Totally off subject but I love your kitchen wall color.

Anonymous said...

At least you were home alone. I took my wife camping for the first time, tried to put my arm over her in the middle of the night, she thought it was someone breaking into the tent and screamed repeatedly until every camper was up and we had a lamp on in the tent. Ah, fun times.

Fred

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!!

be well,
Dawn