Thursday, November 16, 2006

Telephone!

Summer called me last night to relay the following incident that happened at the humble abode of my parents.

For sanity's sake and for the ease of reading - I have inserted spaces into my sister's dialogue - only - I can assure you - there were none.

"So I was sitting in the chair next to the t.v. and was being lazy and not wanting to get up to get a drink and I ask Mom 'Hey - what's dad doing?' to which she looked over and down the hall to the kitchen.  Mom then said, 'He's sitting in his chair, making a mess, playing with a model - something.  And now,  he's got a lighter out, probably gonna burn down the house and he's-' And then, from the kitchen I hear: 'OUCH!' as dad caught his finger on fire!" 

She then laughed so hard she snorted, and I snorted and Harry looked at me as if I'd gone insane.

Again.

:) 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are as evil as your sister! Fanct laughing at you Dad setting his finger alight, lolololol......... Funny though. I take is Ssi had to go get her own drink then?

Gaz

Anonymous said...

LOL... see sometimes they (parents) are worth their comic weight in gold.

be well,
Dawn

oh I forgot to tell you this.  Write down what your mom said that irked you on a piece of paper and flush it down the toilet.  It will help... the imagery of that....

yes, I am serious.  Okay, I am bit nuts too... but it works for me!

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is as funny as some of my mom's voicemails to me. I'll have to upload some! HA! Did you ever see "Best Friends" with Goldie Hawn & Burt Reynolds? Remember the sets of parents...ha!

Anonymous said...

I could only think of one thing:

Boy, is your mom in for a surprise...-Raven

Anonymous said...

I think God had to make women psychic...how else could a man live that long...with what the heck his curious nature tends to build..lol..-Raven