My weekend started out bad and quickly accelerated into "really f'n bad" in a short time.
1. I found out that my paper that I had worked on and slaved over until I finally puttered out ten pages - was done completely wrong.
2. Friday I found out that Gillian was in the hospital with some crazy high fever and that they were leaning towards giving her a spinal tap - lucky for us - they didn't - but still - it was scary there for a bit.
3. Stress levels reached an all-time high while at a shooting range on Saturday. While trying to learn how to properly shoot a gun, I got the fleshy part of my finger caught in the action and commenced an immediate melt-down. I immediatly had Harry to take me home and then begged and pleaded for him to take me to the local crazy house. I wanted a penthouse suite at HCA - but decided against it when he told me that their sheets were less than 200 thread count.
4. I decided that at almost 30 years old - I was never going to learn how to use a (ALL MEN SKIP THE REST OF THIS ENTRY AND GO TO #5) tampon. I tried it again and had the distinct and rather unpleasant feeling of having a piece of cotton jammed up my "no-no" region. Sigh. I have determined that I am the proverbial "old dog" who cannot be taught "new tricks."
5. Now, it's Sunday and I'm in my snug recliner and feeling anxious but a little less stressed since I'm slightly ahead on my Graduate Poetry class (can't work on it Thursday - I'm Bachlorette Party Bound!). However, I'm a bit worried that I may get "tapped" again and my head is feeling a bit too exposed at the moment.
Here are some pics of Gillian from when she was feeling better last Tuesday, Halloween. She was supposed to be Tinkerbell or Strawberry Shortcake- instead - she looks like a "Naked Jedi" which morphed, later, into "The Streak." Boogedy, boogedy!:
Play that piano, Jedi Streaker! :)
And when she was not feeling so well:
She's better now! The fever is gone now - after three days...
So - here's hoping that this week - the week that marks my bud Stacey's last few days as a Sassy Singletong - will be fabulous. If not - well - I think the nuthouse still has my reservations...