Friday, January 6, 2006

Oh, Bother....

Actual conversation as it occurred just a few moments ago:

"Is Mr. Lawyer in?"

"Yes, May I ask who's calling?"

"Well, don't bother him if he's busy..."

"I don't know if he's busy. May I ask who's calling?"

"You don't know if he's there or not?"

"Yes, he is here, I just don't know what he's doing. Now, what is your name and I'll send you through."

"Well, I hate to bother him."

(You're bothering ME) " Ma'am, what is your name?"

"Annoying Client Lady."

"Okay, Annoying Client Lady, let me send you through to his office."

"Well, I don't want to bother him..."

(Click)

(No answer.)

"Hold on one more second, ma'am - I'll page him for you."

"No, that's alright. I don't want to bother him, I'll just call him later."

(Oh God no. Please God no. Don't let her call back) "Okay. Bye."

 

I loathe my job sometimes...

No comments: