Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Do you have this Freudian Slip in my size?

This weekend, before the aforementioned romp to the shanty shak of ill-repute, my hubby and I stopped by good ol' Mommy and Daddy Dearest's home. We somehow got on to the topic of children. I have always seen our spawn as looking a bit like the Fry Guys from McDonalds, round hairballs with short legs. So I voiced my opinion: "Yeah, our kids are gonna look like hairy balls with short little legs."

I looked at Harry who had this look of utter shock on his face. "They're going to look like hairy balls?"

My dad busted out laughing. My mom was turning blue from effort.

"What?" I said, looking at my parents and husband, in turn, "WHAT?"

"You said our kids are going to be hairy balls." he said, shaking his head.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." Well. Huh. Chalk that up to the "con" list of childbirth. Hairy Balls. Huh.

No comments: