Wednesday, April 5, 2006

My Non-American Idol

"I've got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don't want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I'd rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny - a thousand things, before 'thin'. And frankly, I'd rather they didn't give a gust of stinking Chihuahua flatulence whether the woman next to them has fleshier knees than they do."

~ JK Rowling via her website and the "Extra Stuff" section.

 

---- The genius of this woman never ceases to amaze me.  And for those of you whom have never been to her site - go - explore - hunt the "easter eggs" and have a good time.  Ill still be sitting here staring at my screen in awe of her and her - ahem - magic with the written word. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so cool. I want to be JKR when I grow up. Oh and thin, I want to be skinny-thin, too.