Thursday, May 31, 2007

HELP WANTED

My cell rang:

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Holly?"

"Yes,"  I said.  I was confused. Who the heck was this?

"This is (some chick) from United Talent Staffing. You put in a resume with us?" the chipper voice said.

"Uh, yeah - four months ago," I said in an incredulous tone.

"Well, we just got around to looking at it - "

I cut her off. "You've had it for four months." I was being a little mean but c'mon - could I really trust someone to find me a job if they couldn't even find someone to call me back in four months?

"Yes," she laughed nervously.  "We found a job for you - have you found full-time employment?"

"Yes, I have," I said.  "Somehow in four months I managed to find a job on my own."

Why would I want someone from an under-staffed staffing service to find me a job?

Ohhhhhh - unless the job was working for them?  hee hee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you listen to see what the job was to see if it was better????

Anonymous said...

SNARK!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL... I wonder what the job was though!  tee hee... I would have been snarky too... its a blonde thing!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Four months? Ya shoulda said oh sorry, she's dead, I just took over her number! LOLOLOL
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL four months that's ridiculous!!  If I worked there I would chuck the resume away assuming you had a job lol

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/