Sunday, June 29, 2008

What goes down... must come up...

The morning was wonderful.  Harry and I slept in, had a little fun and then he made me lunch - gorgeous and thick burgers with real bits of garlic and Crazy Jane's Mixed-up Salt (sooo good!).   We ate heartily and I finished by making a beautiful salad of orange and purple cauliflower with bright green broccoli to take to the non-cookout party that mom and dad were throwing us for our fifth anniversary.

The salad was made, the pizzas were ordered and the cake was ready to be picked up.

And then it hit me.  I couldn't breathe.  I looked around wildly and helplessly for the elephant that had to have been perched on my chest.  My stomach clenched, my ears hollowed out and my face burned.  I was freaking out and didn't know what was wrong.  

"Hold me," I said as Harry lept from his couch to mine and rubbed my back. 

"Do you want to lay down?" he asked.   And I, grateful that he didn't ask if I needed to remove my panties, said, "No - I think - yeah - maybe if I throw up?"

So I did. Multiple times.   And then spent a good hour shivering afterwards.

Not sure what happened there.   

And no - not preggers.  Positive there. (Negative? Whatever -ya'all get what I mean.)

So now I am on the couch and looking up stuff on WebMD.  Here's hopin' it was a bug - cause that salad I made is just too pretty not to eat.  Ugh.  Eventually...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH!!! Hope it was just a 24 hour bug, Holly!!

Happy Anniversary!!
:) Carol

Anonymous said...

maybe your allergic to colourful salad! beckie x