Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pizza for Mia

Coming home from work I was too tired to stop anywhere for food.  The rain was pouring, my cupboards were bare and my feet - they were sore. It was a long day of standing talking to people who pretended to be interested in Direct Care Work just so they can get a free pen.   A free .49  pen.

So I came home and got in bed with my "I survived the Newsies Square Explosion" t-shirt and hopped on www.papajohns.com.   Apparently, you really can order a pizza from the net and have it delivered - no cash needed.

That was 40 mins ago.

According to my email, my estimated delivery time is 35-45 minutes.  They're cutting it close and I hope to find a red-pocket-carrying pizza man on my doorstep in the next few minutes or else - ah - let's face it -  as an achey and crippled version of my former self the worst I can do is send a "Hey dudes!  Where's my f'n pizza???" email in a snarky tone.  

Oh! It's here!

Ack! The Pizza Delivery Boy was just here (I had a HUGE job fair today and the idea of making dinner for just me was about as appealing as having a root canal with no Novocain - again) and me in my oversized t-shirt and mussed-up eyeliner and frizzy hair answered the door.  Darn it - he was cute! I was like 'Hello Pizza Boy - wanna come in and feed me garlic buttery sticks of dough?"  What can I say - I'm a sucker for a boy in a Papa John's uniform who reeks of garlic.  Blame Harry for that one.
Instead I commented about the weather (proving again how freakin' old I am) and sent him on his merry way.
 
And there endeth any chance I had of being published.   In Penthouse.
ahahahah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...  Peanut.  

You shouldn't give up on Penthouse so easily.  Most of those letters are fake anyway.  

-Dan
http://thewisdomofadistractedmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My pizza guys are rarely cute.  ew.

~Amy

Anonymous said...

I prefer milkmen to be honest but I see the attraction of a pizza uniform,dinner and sex,not a bad combination,mind you a can of squirty cream and sex is mildly better wink wink lol zoe xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

Now you have me wanting to order pizza and have it delivered just to see what the delivery guy looks like (winks)...Gotta love ya hon, a bad day and yet the humor shines like a beacon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he knows what a narrow escape he had. ;O)

B. x

Anonymous said...

yum stinky garlic.beckie x