Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Insurance is Going to HATE Me...

I have escaped, momentarily, from my king-sized prison and its 500-thread count sheets and my jailer, a slightly pissed-off cat. 

You see, I slept NOT AT ALL last night due to a hacking cough that, at 4 AM, I was convinced had separated my tongue and loosened my lungs.  Dizzily, I climbed the stairs and got dressed and made Harry (who slept through ever single coughing fit I had even though they have begun to sound eerily like dying seal barks) take me to the Now Care center down the street from our house.

Walking in, they took me immediately back and I am now the pround owner of some strong yet-yummy flavored cough syrup and a kinda scary inhaler. 

One of these days, I'm gonna be a real girl.  Until then I'll continue on my way as a drugged-up sicky. 

Hope all is well in J-land and promise that as soon as my brain cells are released from the sickness coma they're currently surrounded in - I'll write something more entertaining. 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...cough syrup!
Get better

Anonymous said...

Everybody I know is sick (and even people I don't know -- like you! LOL)  I hope you feel better soon!!  (Here's a tip for ya -- when Mr. Man is sleeping through your coughing, all you need do is shake the bed real hard, or give him a swift kick, and then he will hear the coughs and get up and bring you some cough syrup.  Works every time!  Be sure to protest a bit, but not too much or he may just roll over and go back to sleep!)
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh Holly... rest and take your meds... and make HARRY take care of you good, now!!!  You poor thing!!!!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

ack.  Bronchitis?!  that'd suck...

enjoy your cough medicine and get some sleep!

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Yuck....sorry to hear you're still sick. Maybe the new meds will help. Feel better soon, Holly!!!

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

Awww you poor thing :(  Hope you feel better soon xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Hope you're better soon. I under the weather myself at the mo and it's no fun at all, so you have my complete sympathy. B. x

Anonymous said...

Feel better friend!!:)

Anonymous said...

Yummy flavoured cough syrup huh? Holly, you ARE sick!
Gaz oxoxoxo ;-)