Wednesday, August 29, 2007

20lb Jar of Artichokes? Don't Mind if I Do...

Today after work Sis and I traveled across state lines to the food warehouse known as "Sam's Club."  Summer's new credentials as a peer lactation consultant afforded her two memberships which she shared with me. 

We strolled the aisles looking wildly out of place with all the fast-moving, loaded-to-the-top-of-their-buggies people.  

We looked up the aisles and beyond and had the strange sense of being a Lilliputian in a land of Giant - Condiments.   Need a large can of Nacho Cheese Sauce? No problem.  Need a ketchup bottle that has to be lifted with two sets of hands?  Got two different sizes.   Large tray of croissants?  Beef?  Cheese wheel?  The possibilities of over-sized food was endless and we were more than a little overwhelmed.  

When I saw Summer staring, transfixed, at the sight of a huge can of Poppycock - I knew it was time to leave.

We took the Poppycock with us.  

                    

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I once went to Sam's Club with a buddy of mine, and we saw this little red-faced man standing in the checkout with about a dozen five-gallon jugs of mayonnaise, and one loaf of bread.  

-Dan
http://thewisdomofadistractedmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Do they sell giant bottles of brandy I wonder?
B. x

Anonymous said...

Sam's Club.  I *heart* it.  I have a membership.  Then again, I have some fast growing kids.  20 lb box of chicken nuggets?  Yes, indeedy.  Mondo package of Charmin?  I'm there.  Hee...

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Poppycock? Please help, me no understand?
Gaz

Anonymous said...

"Lactation consultant"????????!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sams hurts my (as yet) unmedicated ADD addled brain.  SOOO much stuff to  look at... sooo many weird ppl to ...look at.  And then Poppycock!  So yummy and crunchy and tasty!  I just finished the tub of it last week.  Mom actually stole it from Holly's house and since I have moved out of Moms house, it was quite a task to finish it all  But i did it!!!  WOOO-Hoooo!  Now I just gotta find that phone number for the dentist...