Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sad-urday!

It's Saturday night and as I sit here in front of my space heater, laptop propped on my lap (covered in a Harry Potter throw blanket) and watching non-Olympic television I can hear my husband in the guest bathroom playing with his new GI Joes and I have to wonder:  What have our weeekends come to?

Last weekend was a reunion and pageant filled stressfest that happily concluded by Monday so this weekend should have been a snoozefest.  Instead, Harry hops out of bed at 7am to go to the mall to sit with other men equally as obsessed with a tall black man and his retro'd footwear packs.

I opted to stay in bed and had just flipped on the tv and begun to watch "Josh and Drake" on the Disney channel before my cell phone rang.

I sleepily lunged for it and flipped it open.

"Hello?"  I said into the pink phone while I fought against falling back asleep into my cooling puddle of drool on the satiny pillow case.

"How much do you love me?"  I smiled.  Harry always does this before buying me something or bringing me something that he knows I want or must have.  I grin and stretch.

"A lot, why?"

"Cuz I left my wallet at home and need for you to bring it up to the mall to me."

Bastard-head. 

"Fine.  What time do I need to be there?"  I ask while peering at the clock on the bedside table that read 7:15am.

"Eight?"

Big Bastard-head.

"Fine.  I'll be there by then."

I hung up the phone and contemplated running away from home before remembering how much I truly hate to pack. So I got up and slapped on some lipstick so as to not scare a fellow driver into a four car pile up from my ghastly pale face. 

Forty minutes later I arrive at the mall with some Chick-fil-a chicken minis,  a large diet coke and a man's wallet.

I swear, after last weekend's pre-ten-year-reunion cleaning fest and today's "fetch me my wallet, bitch" errand - I should have enough brownie points to earn me something really cool.  Or shiny.  Or both.

Instead - we bought a Plasma tv for our basement.

:)  Oh - and I got a hair cut and a new hue for my impending 25+5 birthday:

                                 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohmahgahhhhhhhyoucutyourhairrrrrrrrr

::faint::

~Amy

Anonymous said...

He trusts you with his wallet? ZOIKS!!

B. x

Anonymous said...

Why was Harry taking a bath with his new Gi Joes?  And why did you not film it for use in blackmailing him?

Anonymous said...

Your new cut and color is beautiful!

You should have grabbed some Barbies and joined him in the tub! That would have livened up your Saturday night! LOL!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Love the hair and color, still trying to wrap my mind around Harry in the tub with his GI Joes. I've pondered the same thing lately, "what have my weekends become?"...Dog bath, groceries and.....ugh not much...Wow! I need a life. (hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I've been in the tub with a few GI Joes.......... That's another story. Ok, so how big was your plazma? We just hung our 50" on the wall.
Gaz xxx