Saturday, August 2, 2008

Better Late Than...

Just a little post to say that I'm supposed to be ready, showered, shaved and shiny by 2:00pm and it's now a bit after 1pm and I'm still clicking and clacking away on my 'puter 'stead of washing the skank from my bod.

Why the rush?

We have a 2pm lunch date with our friends, their newish baby and four juicy steaks. 

So - I guess the least I can do is not smell like day old ickies, huh?  I mean - they're gonna hand me their extrememly fragile babykins and I really don't wanna smell like this morning adult Romper Room session with yesterday's eyemakeup somewhere around my second chin, right?

All right, fine.

Since I've now voiced my "meh-ish" of hygeine for the day (really and truly want a Holly-sized bubble, climate-controlled and easily transportable in which to be a truly kept woman for Xmas) I will go and hop in the shower, scrub the necessary parts and, just to torment the neighbors, sing some really old and really worn-out Alanis Morisette song that will make them all start hunting for new abodes far far away from me and my twangy angst-ridded voice.  

.... Nope... still here.  

All I know is that if I'm still sitting here at the kitchen table, bra-less, dirty and with a half-braid in my sticky hair when Harry comes home I'm in deeeeeep sh -

ACK - THE GARAGE DOOR! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only a little after noon here.  So, there ya go.  Making a two o'clock meeting should be a freakin' cakewalk.

Thanks for bringing up that whole steak thing and turning me into a drooler.  Now I've got to pull myself together and get to the butcher and start making my cardiologist twitch.  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

 Ha, just got the giggles here.  Hope your got cleaned up nicely and am now snuggling fresh baby.


                     Julie

Anonymous said...

If harry's as smart as I think he is he told you the lunch date was for 2pm when, in fact, it was at 4pm.
At least, that's what I do to my missus.

B. x

Anonymous said...

I hope you made it to the shower in time before Harry walked in the door! Linda