Monday, October 10, 2005

XXX - Things to Do!

As I swiftly approach the XXX portion of my life, that’s 30 for all you Roman Numerically-challenged folk out there, I have decided to start a list of the things I want to do before I enter the last three years of my mid-mid-life crisis.

There will be additions and omissions before d-day hits in September of 2008 - but until then, these are the things I strive to achieve!

Wish my luck, love, happiness, and berries of steel!

Thanks.

Things To-Do

(Before I’m Thirty!)

1. Learn to play a musical instrument (a tambourine does NOT count)

2. Learn to speak a foreign language - conversationally

3. Own at least one pair of shoes that are comfortable at all times.

4. Be able to shop at a grocery store without fear and anxiety of produce and soccer moms.

5. Find that perfect shade of lipstick.

6. Learn yoga.

7. Read at least one best-seller a week.

8. Designate one corner of one room as "all mine."

9. Write a book.

10. Learn to burn a dvd.

11. Learn to work my pink Ipod Mini.

12. Learn to knit/crochet/needlepoint - and have end results recognizable.

13. Grow a tomato.

14. Figure out what I want to be when I "Grow-up"

15. Watch the Indiana Jones movies.

16. Be able to wear a tank top in public without fear of others seeing my jigglies and jubblies.

17. Go to London - see Big Ben.

18. Pet a koala bear.

19. Volunteer.

20. Make Harry Kirby, a cartoon based on my hubby, into a real comic strip.

21. Quit my job.

22. Find a new job that doesn’t require an IQ in the gray area to exceed at it.

23. Paint a mural on a wall in my house - make sure hubby is still breathing - finish said mural.

24. Face a fear (ex: heights, falling, grocery stores, organized fun, wal-mart, spiders, bees, lawn-care…)

25. Learn to make my own pasta.

26. Learn to bake a cake - from scratch.

27. Learn to decorate a cake - with all the tricks and tools of the trade.

28. Learn to do crosswords - without cheating.

29. Watch at least one foreign film a month.

30. Learn to be happy with who I am, ‘cause I am what I am ( Popeye?)

No comments: