I haven't posted anything in a coon's age so I thought I'd hop on here to let you know what's been happening with me in the past week.
1. I had my teeth bleached professionally. Not only am I $600 lighter and the new owner of day-glo teeth but I also get to experience "zingers" - sharp pains that course through my teeth at random intervals. Yes. I paid for this torture. Happily. Because when I replace my chiclet cap on my front tooth - my teeth will match. Whoo hoo!
2. Harry was gone this week. Leaving me to man the house. Needless to say I didn't do crap. He came home tonight and wanted to go out to dinner. BBQ, of course, so we ate like two little piggies and then, out of the blue Harry commands "DANCE!" . I'm a good lil' wife and a glutton for punishment so I start a nifty jig in my leather booth seat. The waitress appears and gives me a sideways glance as she drops the ticket and runs. Harry laughs. He did it on purpose. He's evil. When he sleeps tonight I shall convince Phoebe that his foot is a remote control. Muah ha ha.
3. Since he had been home all of two hours when his "Guitar Hero" buddies called, wanting rematches, I didn't think he'd actually be compelled to go. "Can I?" he asked eagerly, holding the phone away from his red ear. "Well," I said coyly, "sure. But ya know you could always stay and, well, ya know..." I not so-subtly hinted. Cartoon clouds of dust appeared as he high-tailed it out the front door and toward the splendor of Xbox 360. Sigh. Oh well. Romance, I guess, has been killed. A big, glowing green X over each of her eyes as I sit and watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire while folding piles of orange and red man panties.
4. I read a book that was submitted to VoiceboxX for a review. I really wish I hadn't. And I wish I didn't have such a death grip on the old saying "If you can't say something nice..."
5. I have an uncontrollable need to buy Avril Lavigne's new cd. I need help.
And with that, rather unfortunate note, I leave you with some words of wisdom from Ms. Avril:
"No, no, no I don't like your girlfriend." Wow - it's like Shakespeare reborn - with eyeliner and pink skull socks. Yet, I must have it....