Monday, February 21, 2005

Holly the Two-Nosed Receptionist

So - I totally have a second nose growing in.

Yup. For some reason, God has decided to bless me with an additional, less-functional nose directly next to the old one (which wasn't all that cute to begin with and really didn't need repeating). With some pangs, I have to admit that this second nose is really just a humongous zit that makes any volcano I saw in Hawaii last summer just pale in comparison.

It's icky, it's gross and it now lives on my face.

Now, I don't normally get mondo zits - I get the occasional breakout pimple that sits on my nose for a couple of days, embarresses me thoroghly and then retreats for a month before reappearing to say "hi." But rarely do I get HUGE ones.

This morning I painstakingly layered moisturizer, zit cream, concealer and foundation on the blemish until I realized that I had just made my right nostril blend into my cheek making me look even more freakish than I first started out. Admitting defeat I washed my face and started reapplying the layers of cosmetics. This time I ended up with a pasty-looking scab. Ew. Ew. EW.

Finally I decided to just grin and bear it. I left my second nose red as Rudolph's and came to work ready to face the world - two noses and all!

No comments: