Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baby Bumpers

The warm goo was spreading across my poofy midsection as my husband and mother watched from their respective chairs.
It was awkward.
I'm not one to flaunt my Michelin-style mid-section so to have three separate people watch as it is bared and then gooed - is NOT my idea of a good time.
The Ultrasound Tech started smooshing my lower abdomen with the scanner (it looks like the UPC scanner at most retail outlets I worked at) and there was the baby - mooning us. His tiny head was turned away from us with his butt pushed upwards.
Sleeping like his dad already who likes to use his ass as a not-so-secret weapon while snoring away.
"Hmm, I'm just going to take some measurements," I could tell that she wasn't too happy about my kid's position. She then rattled off and talked about head size, showed us the baby's feet, both legs, arms and watched as the tiny person mouthed non-words and rested their little head on one hand. Moving around, the baby stared at us and continued to open and close their mouth as the Tech continued to manipulate my tummy fat.
"Well, I don't think we'll be able to tell - well - that right there looks like a penis! Oh yeah - sometimes you can't tell, but, well, he's got a pretty prominent penis!'
Harry cheered. Mom cried. I contemplated the fact that there was a penis growing inside of me now.
:) Harry Shivel IV is still set to be due on April 1st, 2010.
Until then - I repeat - THERE IS A PENIS GROWING INSIDE ME.

3 comments:

Lazarai said...

Oh Holly....this is only the beginning of the loss of any modesty you may have been harboring. LOL By the time you give birth, you will have been poked, prodded, stuck, and stripped in front of many people, including complete strangers. LOL

Oh, not to mention how your anonymity gets lost somewhere, too. As your baby bump starts to show more, you will find yourself being engaged by more and more total strangers on line in the grocery store, while sharing an elevator, sitting in a doctor's waiting room...EVERYBODY talks to you suddenly and some of 'em won't shut up!! ROFL I can't wait to hear YOUR take on some of this as your pregnancy evolves.

And you're having a BOY!! How awesome...you'll be surrounded by males, like my husband was by females. LOL

Take care, Holly!
TTYL,
:) Carol

Amy said...

Somehow, I think this isn't the first time you've said "THERE IS A PENIS GROWING INSIDE ME!"

Saltydawg said...

Kin ell, yer up the duff, can't believe it!!!!!
HOLY AND HUBBBBBB CONGRATSSSSS

Gaz xxxx