Monday, December 6, 2004

Sometimes I wonder how I have managed to live this long...

My toilet handle is broken in my bathroom again - it just doesn't work - so last Tuesday I took the back of the tank off and all you had to do was tug on the handle from the inside and WHOOSH! it would flush.  This morning, fully dressed and ready to leave - I went to the bathroom and attempted to flush the toilet - the handle broke off inside the tank which left me no choice but to submerge my arm, up to my elbow, in the tank to fish it out.  
After securing the broken arm to the now-useless handle with a pony-tail tweekie, I went to the sink to wash up.
Smacking the soap dispenser - I watched in horror as a stream of yellow anti-bacterial soap flew out of the dispenser at Mach 8 speed and landed on my sweater.  I did the dance of frustration in my bathroom (which includes chants of four-letter words and some throwing of towels and other soft objects) and began cleaning the goo off my sweater, sink, basin, cabinets and floor.  
Twenty minutes later, I am at work, goo-free (for the most part) and wondering what else could go wrong today?!

With some trepidation - I realize that I agreed to go bowling tonight with some friends.  
Please watch your local news to make sure that nothing is reported concerning a "special" girl and a horrible accident involving the ball polisher.

No comments: